Home About Me Freebies My Classroom Image Map

Five for Friday {July 25}



This Friday {my last of summer} I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.


Here goes...


If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know I spent the last week in Ohio with my family for our family reunion. I had a great time with my family and they even funded my donor's choose project. I will be receiving the complete elementary math manipulative library plus some common core math practice cards! Woohoo! Two projects funded in one summer! *dances*

At the reunion, each family was able to have a mini photo shoot. Check out this picture of me, Grandma {who never smiles in pics}, and my niece. How much trouble are we in with this little girl??


In Atlanta each year Kroger does a teacher giveaway. I sent texts and social media posts only to miss it myself because I was setting up my classroom. They ran out 2 hours earlier! But it's all good, I was able to go to Kids in Need which is an organization that collects materials from donors throughout the city for a FREE teacher store. We are able to get notebooks, pencils, folders, office supplies and so much more!

                                 

In addition to the demands of teaching, I bartend on the side and we had an AMAZING concert where I work. I am a huge fan of R&B and we had some R&B greats on the stage! Keith Sweat, Dru Hill, 112, Joe, Silk and a few others. If you know R&B you know that was an epic concert. My voice was hoarse the entire day on Thursday! SOOOOOOO much fun!



 I've spent the last two days working in my classroom. It took me forever to get my set up figured out. This will be my first year in 1st grade and the first year with a large room! I'm so used to small rooms I went back and forth a hundred times. Lol. The room is still a mess but the general set up is coming along. I'm not posting any pics yet because again it's still a hot mess!!


So I kinda don't have a 5 but I just love this linky so much and since summer is over I'll do a mini recap. Although my only time at the beach was for my birthday in May, I had a great summer. Going to the WBT conference, ISTE conference, and visiting my family kept me busy. I plan to spend my weekend working {at the bar}, and a little bit of printing and laminating but also relaxing and getting ready for pre-planning week. Au Revoir Summer time!

Be sure to link up to share your 5 randoms from the week! Toodles :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You guys start school early! I've been shopping the teacher sales too, but we don't have Kroger up where I am. Can't wait to see pics of your new first grade room! It's such a fun grade!! :o)
    Enjoy your last weekend of your summer!!
    Emily
    Munchkins Inc.

    ReplyDelete